CTO of Matchless IT
Nick Kershner is a Founder of Matchless IT and fills the role of CTO day to day. While he spends his time finding solutions that help Matchless IT serve their clients better, he enjoys connecting with like-minded people and answering questions on Social Media. While always watching out for solutions to help Matchless IT’s clients grow and strengthen, Nick enjoys writing about what he discovers.
You can reach Nick by either commenting on one of his posts, or contacting him at his offices.
Microsoft Teams for Free! Say WHAT?! Recently I brought you an article on Collaboration with Microsoft Teams. I mostly talked about how Microsoft Teams not only brings your team(s) together, but I [...]
Patient Engagement with Microsoft Patient Engagement Patient engagement couldn't be a more critical part of your practice, hospital or clinic. Whether it's the first time you've met with a patient, the third [...]
Safe Sharing with SharePoint and OneDrive Linking to files rather than attaching files or documents is a more efficient and safer way to share information with colleagues and business associates. For our Healthcare friends; [...]
Microsoft Teams for Free!
Recently I brought you an article on Collaboration with Microsoft Teams. I mostly talked about how Microsoft Teams not only brings your team(s) together, but I also talked about how Teams brings the Office/Microsoft 365 apps together. It nicely brings users together along with their apps; seamlessly, simply and user-friendlyey… I make up words, let’s move on to FREE stuff!
To address the growing collaboration needs of Microsoft customers, last year introduced Microsoft Teams, a powerful hub for teamwork that brings together chat, meetings, calling, files, and apps into a shared workspace in Microsoft 365. Now, more than 200,000 businesses across 181 markets use Teams to collaborate and get work done.
Beginning 7/12/2018, Teams is available in a free version worldwide in 40 languages. Whether you’re a freelancer, a small business owner, or part of a team inside a large organization, you can start using Teams today.
The free version includes the following for up to 300 people:
- Unlimited chat messages and search.
- Built-in audio and video calling for individuals, groups, and full team meetups (Powered by Skype for Business!).
- 10 GB of team file storage plus additional 2 GB per person for personal storage.
- Integrated, real-time content creation with Office Online apps, including built-in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and OneNote.
- Unlimited app integrations with 140+ business apps to choose from—including Adobe, Evernote, and Trello.
- Ability to communicate and collaborate with anyone inside or outside your organization, backed by Microsoft’s secure, global infrastructure.
- This new offering provides a powerful introduction to Microsoft 365. Teams in Microsoft 365 includes everything in the free version plus additional storage, enterprise security, and compliance, and it can be used for your whole organization, regardless of size.
As Microsoft advances their mission to empower every person and organization on the planet to achieve more, what’s most exciting are the stories of customers taking on big projects with a small workforce, such as The Hustle Media Company—who helps movers, shakers, and doers make their dent in the world. Their popular daily email provides their audience with the tech and business news they need to know.
“As a media company that nearly quadrupled in size over the last year, it became apparent we needed a solution to connect all of The Hustle’s offices. As previous Slack users, we found that Microsoft Teams has all the features that other chat-based apps bring, but the teamwork hub allows everything to live in one place.”
—Adam Ryan, vice president of Media at The Hustle
Seeing that others are successful is fantastic, but even better than that is trying it for yourself. Since this ISN’T a “Free Trial” and it’s actual FREE software, you can try this out and if you like it you can implement it without having to start over or sign up for some subscription.
Come get your free copy of Teams and start becoming more efficient today.